- 1: What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? a LOT of stuff. A LOT.
- 2: Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t think I made any!
- 3: Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope
- 4: Did anyone close to you die? Nope
- 5: What countries did you visit? The one I live in 🙂
- 6: What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? More risk-taking adventures and regular periods!!
- 7: What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? Feb 9, Mar 3, May 18, June 6, June 21, June 29, Aug 24, Oct 27, Nov 23
- 8: What was your biggest achievement of the year? winning 1st overall and title awards multiple times at dance competitions.
- 9: What was your biggest failure? Missing out on my graduating class’s top 15%
- 10: Did you suffer illness or injury? inflamed spinal cord, pink eye, hip flexor issues, the usual.
- 11: What was the best thing you bought? I honestly have no idea!!
- 12: Whose behaviour merited celebration? my wonderful college best friends.
- 13: Whose behaviour made you appalled? Miley’s, my sister’s, my aunt’s, my ex’s, etc…
- 14: Where did most of your money go? clothes and food, although I am very fortunate to have my parents.
- 15: What did you get really, really, really excited about? MB20 concert, dance competitions, prom, locking in my friendships
- 16: What song will always remind you of 2013? Closing Time – Semisonic, Let Her Go – Passenger
- 17: Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? a) I can’t tell b) the same, maybe fatter c) richer
- 18: What do you wish you’d done more of? letting things go, not caring what others think
- 19: What do you wish you’d done less of? wasting time, energy, and feelings on boys and one in particular
- 20: How did you spend Christmas? crying
- 21: Did you fall in love in 2013? I don’t think I will ever know.
- 22: What was your favourite TV program? Friends!
- 23: Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Of course.
- 24: What was the best book you read? A Fault in Our Stars
- 25: What was your greatest musical discovery? That I’m far from musical?
- 26: What did you want and get? boyfriend, prom date, trophies, college acceptance, etc.
- 27: What did you want and not get? forever
- 28: What was your favourite film of this year? Frozen!!!
- 29: What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Meeting my beautiful and caring college friends.
- 30: How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Preppy boho with a bit of who cares? vibe
- 31: What kept you sane? dance, my mom, my friends, music
- 32: Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jennifer Aniston
- 33: What political issue stirred you the most? Marriage acts. Honestly, why can we not accept people and their sexual orientations?
- 34: Who did you miss? my best friends, dance friends, and mom
- 35: Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Don’t obsess over your looks. It’s not worth it. Also, if you’re not in love, you’re not in love. Be honest, sincere, and true to your heart. End something that doesn’t truly make you happy.
- 36: Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Well, I’ve been afraid of changing,
‘Cause I’ve built my life around you.
But time makes you bolder,
Children get older, and I’m getting older too.” – “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
Copy this and post your own answers!
I am the most juvenile person I know.
I am eighteen (soon to be nineteen) and I love Disney princesses, Barbies, watching Drake and Josh and Zoey 101 reruns, Disney Channel original movies, Lizzie McGuire, Polly Pockets, and basically anything else that was slightly popular in 1998-2005. I don’t know if this is a healthy thing or not. I love certain things about our world today, but I feel that the world was so much simpler and enjoyable and CREATIVE 15 years ago, when I was first introduced to pop culture. It saddens me that kids today don’t know about the Fisher Price Loving Family doll houses or Blues Clues or even Play Doh.
Are we robbing today’s children of creativity? Is technology the “better” way to engage our children in playtime and entertainment activities?
What do you think?
Well I’m avoiding studying for finals so here’s some randoms for y’all!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? closed.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? If they’re a nice brand, yes.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? They start tucked in, but usually get pulled out.
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? No
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? Yes, quite excessively, actually.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? Yes. Ohhhhh yes.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Bees
8. Do you have freckles? On my hands, but not on my face.
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Either that or a hideous face.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? This is weird but when people use acronyms when they’re actually not shortening the word. For instance: SYTYCD and So You Think You Can Dance take the same amount of syllables to say.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No, but I avoid cracks.
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? Ha, yes.
13. What about pooped in the woods? Nope.
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? All the time!!!
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Pen caps, yes.
16. How many people have you slept with this week? Uh, none.
17. What size is your bed? Twin XL here, but at home, a full.
18. What is your Song of the week? 4×4 by Miley Cyrus
19. is it ok for guys to wear pink? Why not?
20. Do you still watch cartoons? Yep, Arthur and Disney Movies.
21. What’s your least favorite movie? Probably Grease or Harry Potter (please don’t hate me!!)
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? In my closet
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? BBQ sauce or ketchup
25. What is your favorite food? super frank supper
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? The Sound of Music, Tangled, Frozen, Cheaper by the Dozen, Friends With Benefits, etc. etc.
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? Ugh.
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? nope
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Nah.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? 3 months ago.
31. Can you change the oil on a car? I don’t think so!
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Nope!
33. Ran out of gas? Nope!
34. Favorite kind of sandwich? ehhh I don’t really like sammies.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast? PANCAKES
36. What is your usual bedtime? midnight
37. Are you lazy? Depends
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? American Girl dolls
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? pig.
40. How many languages can you speak? one and a half…
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? about 8, I like my magazines.
42. Which are better Legos or lincoln logs? Hmm…I’d say it’s a tie.
43. Are you stubborn? Sometimes
44. Who is better…Leno or Letterman? Leno
45. Ever watch soap operas? not really
46. Afraid of heights? not exactly
47. Sing in the car? Always.
48. Dance in the shower? OF course.
49. Dance in the car? Yes!
50. Ever used a gun? nope
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? this past April
53. Is Christmas stressful? Now that I’m in college, yes.
54. Ever eat a pierogi? Oh dear. Yes.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Strawberry
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Ballerina or a vet
57. Do you believe in ghosts? Often
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? A lot, actually!
59. Take a vitamin daily? If I remember
60. Wear slippers? Mhm!
61. Wear a bath robe? It’s hideous and I love it.
62. What do you wear to bed? Tshirt and pajama pants
63. First concert? American Idol 2004 Tour
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Tar-jayyyy
65. Nike or Adidas? Nike
66. Cheetos Or Fritos? This is so hard I really can’t answer.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Peanuts
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? Nope
69. Ever take dance lessons? Basically every day of my life
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? $$$ 😉
71. Can you curl your tongue? sorta
72. Ever won a spelling bee? 2nd place! Soooo close.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes
74. Own any record albums? Yep, but they’re too embarrassing to mention titles.
75. Own a record player? Yep
76. Regularly burn incense? No
77. Ever been in love? Yes, I think.
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Matchbox Twenty all over again!!
79. What was the last concert you saw? Backstreet Boys
80. Hot tea or cold tea? I am not a fan of tea.
81. Tea or coffee? Cofffffeeeeee
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles? Suga Suga
83. Can you swim well? I think so.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes, though it is sometimes a struggle
85. Are you patient? Not one bit.
86. DJ or band, at a wedding? DJ, but I pick the songs.
87. Ever won a contest? Yes!!
88. Ever have plastic surgery? No way.
89. Which are better black or green olives? Black.
90. Can you knit or crochet? just knit
91. Best room for a fireplace? bedroom
92. Do you want to get married? Definitely.
93. If married, how long have you been married? n/a
94. Who was your HS crush? Too many boys that didn’t like me back.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? Guilty.
96. Do you have kids? Eventually.
97. Do you want kids? 4.
98. What’s your favourite color? mint green and yellow
99. Do you miss anyone right now? My mom and Megan
100. Did you watch Next Great American Band on FOX? never heard of it.
No English final for me.
My English professor pulled me aside and said I did not have to take the final because she didn’t have to teach me anything this entire semester. Thank you, pushy high school teachers! And thank you, idiots in my class that make me sound unusually smarter!
It’s actually snowing here today! In an hour, we’ve probably accumulated an inch and a half already. Unfortunately, I am stuck inside writing a paper which is due tomorrow. On the brighter side, I can listen to old, sentimental Taylor Swift songs, drink hot cocoa, and rest comfortably in my owl pajamas and king size fuzzy blanket. Not too shabby for college life.
My campus is fairly large, it takes an approximate twenty to thirty minute walk to reach the other side. While that factor is just an opportunity to get some exercise, I find that I only know a fraction of kids who go here, nearly all of them girls.
Being a dance major is probably the easiest major in the entire universe. As you’d probably assume, we dance majors spend significantly more time in the studio than we do sitting in a classroom. We are with each other constantly. There’s only about 20 of us in the freshman class program. Don’t get me wrong, all (well most) of my fellow majors are extremely lovely girls. The problem is, I am confined to my dance friends, my dorm friends, and my club friends. Almost all girls. I know it’s only my first semester, but I’d be curious to know if I will find my future husband here. Seems pretty impossible at this rate – as the only access to guys I have are at parties (which I don’t even attend; my philosophy is that I can’t control myself around cookies so why should I expect myself to have self control around alcohol?). And everybody knows that party boys make pretty shitty husbands in the long run. So, hopefully I’ll find my “prince charming” at college, although I certainly have my doubts. Maybe I’ll meet him at Disney World one day, if I ever get a job there. That’s something to be hopeful for.
Send your best friend a Snapchat video of you narrating out a Facebook picture of someone you both hate. Works like a charm, every single time.