Got my e.l.f. VoxBox in the mail for free thanks to Influenster! The products were AMAZING this time around. Normally, I receive products that are similar to my everyday makeup essentials, but this time I felt spoiled with a bubble mask, lip crayon, mineral primer, lip scrub, and bronzer/highlighter! The primer is awesome and the lip crayon looked awesome at the fraternity formal I attended this past weekend!
1. Why does every movie about plane crashes start playing in my head the minute I get on the plane?
2. The Xanax isn’t working. It’s not working. I can’t feel anything. It’s been 5 minutes what the hell.
3. For some reason, fearfully staring out the window during takeoff makes me feel like we are less likely to crash.
4. *air conditioning comes on* OH MY GOD WE’RE GOING DOWN.
5. If I clutch the armrests of my seat and look around anxiously, will people feel bad for me and try to make me feel better?
6. How does this dude next to me just fall asleep the instant he sits down in his seat?
7. If we go through a round of turbulence one more time, I’m climbing into his lap and crying.
8. That person looks mildly disgruntled. They’re probably going to hijack the plane.
View original post 365 more words
I truly cannot believe another year has come and gone. This past year has been incredible, filled with new college friends, multiple first kisses, a summer filled with both working and adventure, concerts galore, my first “official” job, tons of hardcore dancing, drunken nights, my first frat formal, and a discovery of who I really am as a person. I’ve learned so much through all of the laughs and the pain, and am so sad I have to leave my favorite year (so far!) behind in the dust.
As for 2015, I have a few goals that I’m going to turn into a reality:
1. Lose 15 pounds
2. Join a sorority
3. Learn to spoil myself every so often
4. Kiss a lot of new lips
5. Get at least a 3.9 both semesters
6. Have the best summer ever
7. Eat as little gluten as possible
8. Become super duper crafty
9. Stretch every single day
10. Make 2015 even better than 2014
Here’s to a great year!
In a whirlwind of college exams, parties, and friends, I tend to overlook how truly blessed I am to have the parents I do.
Whenever I go to a friend’s house (aside from my very best friend!) I feel like I am putting on an act and trying to be proper and respectful in order for the parents to like me.
When friends come to my house, they instantly sense my mom’s personable, child-like personality and act themselves around her. Every single one of my friends say my parents are the least bit intimidating and allow my friends to be have open, comfortable discussions without fear of disapproval.
I am so incredibly lucky and I can’t wait to be a mom just like my mother was to me. There honestly isn’t one thing I would change if I had the opportunity to parent just like she has.
Fuck it. I love you. I love you and I’ve loved you since the second week of February when I first met you. I’m sorry I’m not one of the trashy girls you usually fall head over heels for. I’m sorry I don’t have a truck or hunting gear or know how to fish. I’m sorry my smile isn’t your favorite thing to see in the whole wide world. I’m sorry I give up my entire life just to make you happy.
You know I’m in love with you. You are in complete denial. Just fuck it and give in to me already.
1. “I knew I was in love with her the first time I got really massively sick and she just took care of me without any concern of catching what I had. When you see your girlfriend picking up your nasty tissues, and just genuinely wanting to make you feel better, it’s a pretty special moment of realizing what you have.” – Sean, 25
2. “I got into my first huge fight with my girlfriend, and I was expecting to sleep on the couch, and she just says, ‘What are you doing? You’re not gonna deny me angry sex!’ And I just knew, I loved her.” – Dustin, 23
3. “She put the football game on for me, and then went outside and worked on repairing an old, vintage car we were fixing up. I thought, damn, this is the woman I’m going to marry.” – Mark…
View original post 1,454 more words
I hate late night thoughts of my mind rambling and rambling on and on about you. I hate that you would fall for such a piece of scum like her – fake tan, false eyelashes, clearly not a country girl like you’ve always wanted. She’s a liar and a fake and pretending she likes the things you do so that you’ll like her. And the fact that you hardly tell me anything about her is ridiculous. You’re not her best friend. You’re MY best friend. It’s me. The girl who left the concert to come back and make sure you were okay. The girl who stopped you from crying and cuddled you to sleep. The girl who spent endless hours watching the most meaningless Netflix horror movies just so she’d feel your body next to her. The girl who got drunk for the first time in your room off of cheap vodka, and who managed to stay sane enough to keep her mouth shut about loving you. The girl who texted you throughout the entire summer. The girl who helped you write papers and drove you around and bought you fast food when you wanted it because she thought maybe, just maybe, you’d return the favor somehow. The girl who left her own bed at 4 am to come spend the night with you. I don’t know why you can’t see it. You need to. Because I love you and I will never stop loving you because you get my hopes up time and time and time again.
This weekend was amazing. From being asked to spend the night and cuddle with you, to being asked to formal at a completely unexpected time, I am so happy and excited for the next few weeks. Perhaps good things do come to those who wait.
1. We need alone time. A little each day and more than a little on other days. It doesn’t mean we’ve lost interest in you.
2. We don’t mind if you don’t call or text us every second. We like it. We won’t be contacting you either. That said, if you’re late, don’t keep us guessing as to when you’ll show up as we’ll make other plans.
3. We can clean up our own messes. We’re not waiting around for you to fix our problems.
4. We are perfectly fine doing chores, running errands, and exercising by ourselves. If you want to join us, we’re glad to have you along, but don’t talk to us while we’re in the zone.
5. We sign up and attend charity events, races, and cultural exhibits on our own. We don’t need a date to feel comfortable at these things. Set us loose in…
View original post 610 more words
While men always and will always like bad girls, the good girl is the one they fall in love with and commit to possibly for the rest of their life. Aside from the fact that good girls are a rarity, what makes them so irresistible and lovely that men feel compelled to surrender their freedom to them?
1. She’s loyal
Being faithful is very important to men and it goes beyond the sexual part: a good girl will stay by her man’s side no matter what. Life is a very dangerous adventure with ups and downs and a man can’t always be at his 100%. He can get sick or get involved in big troubles; during those times he won’t be as bold, dominant, sexy, reliable and powerful as usual.
Smelling the frailty and the open wounds, the vultures he usually protects her from will try…
View original post 703 more words